Thursday, January 6, 2011

Owens Urges Passage of Counternarcotics Strategy Bill

If you or someone you know is a member of the Armed Forces whose service was involuntarily extended because of a stop-loss order, I would like to make sure you read this article from the Watertown Daily Times, reporting that the deadline has once again been extended.

Friday, March 4th, is the final day for veterans who have experienced this stop-loss order to apply for their due pay. The program compensates eligible veterans with $500 for each month served under stop-loss orders. Veterans who qualify for this program can apply online at www.defense.gov/stoploss.

If you would like to receive regular updates from my office, please sign up for my e-newsletter.

As your representative in Washington, I believe it is critical to provide the opportunities and compensation promised to American soldiers and their families when they enlisted. Please help me deliver this reminder to as many eligible veterans as possible and forward this email to anyone you believe would be interested.

Again, if you would like to sign up for regular updates from my office, you can do so by clicking here.

Thank you for reading. If you have further concerns about this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact me. My door is always open.

Sincerely,
Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment