Monday, April 26, 2010

A Word of Thanks For a Terrific Event

First, I want to thank all of our volunteers for putting together such an incredible 2010 Spring Dinner!
Babette Hall, Patti Shaughnessy, Michelle Coullier, Carla Walker, my wife Betsy, and everyone else that spent countless hours making sure that our Spring event would be something to remember. I know I won't soon forget.
The comments I received yesterday from Elected officials, Labor Leaders, Committee members and Community Organizers was that the Jefferson County Democratic Party knows how to have a party and what a party it was!

I also want to thank all of you for giving me the honor of being your 2010 Jefferson County Democrat Achievement Award. As you could tell from my reaction I was totally taken by surprise and I am truly honored.
I have to say though, that without the selfless dedication that all of you have for our organization we would be in a very different place. I am proud to see how much of a team spirit the North Country Democrats can rally. I think Darrel was on the money last night when he said that we have a really great team of elected's, and though we don't all agree on specific issues we can come together and work as a community to reach our goals.
In tough times we have to stick together, and so I was glad to be reminded last night that you're happy to be stuck with me as Chairman. This award is something that I will treasure and I hope you know how much all of you mean to me and my family.

That being said we have a bunch of work in front of us and with your help we will make 2010 another banner year! Thanks again and God bless!

Sean M Hennessey
Chairman
Jefferson County Democratic Committee
95 Public Square, Box 5A
Watertown, NY 13601
(315) 788-4590

No comments:

Post a Comment